We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Adding turmeric to the poaching liquid in this breakfast bowl recipe imparts a deep golden hue to the egg.
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 medium garnet yam, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 12 slices bacon (about 12 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped oregano
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 8 ounces baby greens (about 10 cups)
- 1 cup parsley leaves with tender stems
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 avocado, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced
- Smoked sea salt (for serving; optional)
Place a rack in the center of oven and preheat to 425°. Whisk garlic powder, cayenne, ¾ tsp. paprika, and 3 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl. Add sweet potato, yam, and onion and toss to coat; season with kosher salt and pepper. Spread out sweet potato mixture on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Place bacon on a separate parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast, tossing sweet potato mixture halfway through, until bacon is brown and crisp and sweet potato and yam are golden brown in spots, 12–14 minutes for bacon and 25–30 minutes for sweet potato mixture. Remove bacon from oven and cut into 1" pieces. Remove sweet potato hash from oven and toss with oregano.
Pour 2" water into a large saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat so water is at a gentle simmer and add vinegar and turmeric. Crack an egg into a small bowl, then gently slide egg into water. Repeat with remaining eggs, waiting until whites of eggs in water are opaque before adding the next egg (about 30 seconds apart). Poach until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to paper towels as they are done and let drain.
Toss greens, dill, parsley, lemon juice, and bacon in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil, season with kosher salt and pepper, and toss again.
Divide salad among bowls and top each with sweet potato hash, avocado, and a turmeric-poached egg. Sprinkle with smoked sea salt, if using, and more paprika.